Hello everyone! Thank you for joining me for the Valentine’s Day Blog Hop! I’ve joined with 13 other talented bloggers to share Valentine’s Day crafts on a budget. Each blogger was given a budget of no more than $10 and challenged to create a Valentine’s Day craft using items from the dollar store or dollar section of their local stores. If you have budget Valentine’s Day crafts to share, please add it to the link-up at the bottom of this post so it can be seen on all of our blogs.
For my Valentine Budget Craft, I made a Pixy Stix Flower Vase. So simple too!
I bought what I needed from the Dollar Tree and used some things I already had. Here is what you will need:
- Pixy Stix or any other long candy- I bought 2 bags so I would be sure to have enough of red, purple and blue. $2.00
- A tin can-I used some beans for dinner and cleaned the can and removed the label.
- Styrofoam ball or square- I had some of these from Christmas, but I know I have seen square pieces at the Dollar Tree. $1.00
- Silk Flowers-(2) Pink Tulips, (2) pinkish fuzzy ball things, (1) pink berry-$5.00
- Ribbon-I had mine, but they had some cute designs at the store. $1.00
I first sorted through my Pixy Stix and pulled out the colors I wanted to use. I put them into the pattern I wanted and then started hot gluing them onto the can.
Once my candy went all the way around, I pushed the styrofoam ball into the can.
I used wire cutters to cut each stem of flowers off the big part on the end.
I arranged them in the can by pushing them into the styrofoam ball. I placed a taller tulip in the middle and then placed shorter ones all around it. Next I filled in with the fuzzy balls and lastly, added the berries. I used the green spiky leaves that came with the flowers to fill in any empty spaces. After the arranging was done, I added a pink bow around the middle of the can.
There you have it! A cute, simple and budget friendly vase! You could even fill it with those fresh flowers you are sure to receive!
If you are looking for more budget friendly Valentine’s Day crafts, visit these blogs for their creative Valentine’s Day crafts ~
- My Pinterventures
- DIY Adulation
- Houseful of Handmade
- C’mon Get Crafty
- Inside The Fox Den
- Made In A Day
- The Robin’s Nest Designs
- Arrows & Awe
- Happily Ever After, Etc.
- Our House Now A Home
- Home On The Corner
- Decor by the Seashore
- Intelligent Domestications
Share your $10 or less Valentine’s Day crafts on the link-up below and be seen on all 15 blogs! Have fun!