Good morning! Well it’s fall on the blog whether you are ready or not! I have never been a huge fan of fall, but I think it’s because I know winter follows. I don’t like the cold at all. But this year I decided to find things I like about fall and not worry about what comes after. So here is my list:
- Pumpkins-I love all the different colors pumpkins come in now, especially the pastels! I love all the different shapes too. They are so fun to decorate with.
2. Cooler weather-not too cold. Around here, it’s usually still warm during the day and then cooler at night which is really nice.
3. Snuggling under blankets-Along with the cooler nights, comes snuggling with blankets and pups and not getting hot.
4. Cute jackets and pretty scarves- I like having some new things to wear other than tank tops and shorts, but not having to wear lots of layers just to stay warm. I am excited to pull out some of those jackets and other cooler weather items put away from last year.
5. Lighting candles- Fall scents are my favorite! Summer just seems too hot to light candles, so it’s nice to have a few lit around the house again, especially because they smell so good.
6. Crunching leaves- I love to see the leaves falling and hearing them crunching under my feet when I go for walks.
7. Holidays- I am looking forward to the upcoming holidays and the time spent with family and friends. We make new memories and remember times spent together in the past.
8. Sausage and corn chowder- Mmmm! Just typing it makes me hungry! This is so delicious and easy. It is the most requested recipe in my house.
9. Having a fire and roasting marshmallows-We have a fire pit, so it’s nice to gather around it and roast some marshmallows and make s’mores.
10. Festivals- There are several different festivals and activities held around here that signal fall. Apple Festival, Calico Festival, Hot Air Balloon Festival, county fairs, and the list goes on.
Whew! I found ten things! That should carry me through. I am determined to just enjoy the season I am in. How about you? Do you love fall?