I’m back today with another seashell project! You can see a couple of my other projects here and here. I still have so many more to use! As I was putting this together, it kind of looked bohemian to me. I guess with the sticks and string. I don’t know, but I like it! I just have to find the perfect spot for it!
I picked up some sticks from my yard. I would have loved to use driftwood, but we just don’t seem to have much at the beaches we frequent, so sticks will have to do. I picked out the shells I wanted to use and brought out a couple different strings and twine. I also had my drill with a 3/32 drill bit. I probably could have used a little bit bigger drill bit because I ended up using the larger string, but it worked out.
I drilled a hole in each of the shells I wanted to use. I put each shell on an old board so the drill would just go into it and not make a hole in my desk!
I cut out my sting in various lengths.
Then tied a string to each shell. I threaded it through the hole and then knotted it in the back.
Before I started hanging the shells on the sticks, I tied the sticks together at different lengths, starting at the top and then adding on. This is the top stick.
After all the shells were hung, I took it outside to find a good spot for it. Unfortunately, this is it for now. I hope to get some cleaning up done outside during spring break and then will find a better spot for it.
And that’s it! This little project didn’t take me very long at all and will add a lot to my summertime patio! Now I just have to figure out what else to make…
Oh! Look what I got on Saturday!!! The ones on top are the ones I am going to use in my laundry room. I love the numbers and the handles. So cool!
Hopefully I will be able to show you soon!